SHRM Senior Marketing Communication Specialist in Alexandria, Virginia
Under the direction of the Manager, Marketing Communications, the Senior Marketing Specialist will contribute to the development & advancement of SHRM's brand & the brands of its affiliates. With a specific focus on developing communications that will drive engagement with clear and succinct call to actions through direct and digital media. The incumbent will articulate SHRM's tone and ensure it's brand and priorities are accurately portrayed across all mediums.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage cohesive brand alignment in all deliverables, with specific focus on direct and digital marketing as well as support messaging for SHRM's tradeshow/conference presence and marketing's contributions to SHRM's social media strategy.
• Support Manager, Marketing Communications on brand identity/messaging initiatives for SHRM & affiliates.
• Serve as the in-house copywriter for marketing communications in support of integrated marketing programs. Recommend specific medias that would convey/deliver the message/offer to members and prospective members in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Direct external copywriters as appropriate to uphold the SHRM brand and conveyance of appropriate tone, purpose, & voice.
• Partner with Social Media team to develop & execute social media campaigns & develop departmental editorial calendar.
• In coordination with marketing managers/program managers, support message development for trade shows and conferences including value proposition to support marketing campaign, booth messaging strategy and presentation, and graphic development as necessary.
• Develop communications strategy that promotes SHRM brand in coordination with marketing managers across product marketing and acquisition and retention programs.
• Act as daily contact with agency to develop & execute strategies for digital/print pubs, including direction of copy and creative.
• Additionally, liaison with both internal and external partners, such as Market Research, External Affairs, Design & Production, Online Editorial, Global Business Solutions, SHRM's affiliates, and SHRM's agency partners.
• Requires project management & organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Requires analytical & problem solving skills.
• Strong written & oral communication skills required, including excellent writing, grammar & proofreading and editing
• Ability to prioritize, plan & execute responsibilities independently.
• Ability to work multitask & reprioritize as necessary.
• Comfortable providing clear, concise reporting to stakeholders & executive management.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills & the ability to work with all levels of staff & members.
• Hands on, high energy & highly responsive.
• General understanding of marketing technology a plus, i.e. website functionality and digital marketing best practices, plus knowledge of SEM, SEO & mobile & leveraging social media to expand brand.
• Print or web design/layout skills or knowledge desired; expertise in Adobe Suite desirable.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications (or related field) with 5-7 years of related experience in marketing communications, copywriting, digital marketing and brand marketing or equivalent combination of education & experience. Agency and/or association experience is a strong plus.
Experience in advertising placement (internal or external) & familiarization of graphic & web design and social media is required. Experience with Google Analytics and/or web analytics required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No relocation assistance provided.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Category Brand & Member Value