SHRM Administrative Assistant, Communications and Government Affairs in Alexandria, Virginia
Administrative Assistant, Communications and Government Affairs
1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
At SHRM, we are committed to making work, workers and workplaces better through insights-driven policy solutions, learning and development, thought leadership and research. We are shaping the ways employers and employees thrive together. SHRM is empowering our more than 300,000+ members, including HR professionals, business executives, and people managers, to lead as strategic business partners and effective stewards of workplace culture, business productivity, and employee engagement.
The Administrative Assistant ensures that the Communications and Government Affairs business unit remains operationally sound. The role’s primary responsibility is to provide executive administrative support to Communications and Government Affairs Departments. This includes comprehensive support in making sure the administrative function is effective for the team and the executives. The position is responsible for scheduling appointments and managing all of the executives’ calendar, travel arrangements, and preparing materials for meetings and timelines.
· Manage the daily calendar via Outlook – shifting meetings, scheduling, creating zooms, follow-up documents, etc.
· Coordinate and execute logistics and presentation elements for meetings; and records meeting minutes when needed.
· Prepares expense reports, files, and organizes documents and receipts in Concur; supports in other administrative tasks.
· Handles information requests and performs clerical functions, as well as reads and analyzes incoming memos and reports to determine their significance and plans their distribution.
· Assumes and performs clerical duties, including copying, mailing, processing purchase orders and invoices, completing expense reports, preparing correspondence, and receiving visitors for the executives. Provides proofreading, word processing, as needed.
· In collaboration with other executive assistants and budget liaisons, assists in developing administrative processes to ensure the efficient operation of the organization and its divisions, and serves as a resource to provide guidance and development for administrative staff across the organization.
· Develops and maintains a comprehensive, high-level monthly reporting package that covers the annual and monthly budget versus the current spend.
· Serves as the primary contact for Government Affairs and Communications for all internal and external client billing/accounts receivables and ensures timely invoice receipt and payment
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
· Associates degree required; bachelor’s preferred
· 0-2 years of experience handling complex and confidential information within a fast-moving work environment.
· Demonstrated experience in budget creation, report generation, financial and operations analytics.
· Experience supporting executives in the administration of large teams and projects preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Must Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
Excellent analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data, including financial statements.
Excellent presentation, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Strong ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
Advanced Microsoft Office software applications skills—MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively and build consensus across teams and various levels of management.
Commitment to high standards, customer service, integrity, and ethics.
Self-motivated, with a sense of autonomy, initiative, and responsibility.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
· Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
· Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing, and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Family Administrative Support
Job Function Business Development & Support Functions
Pay Type Hourly
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA